Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
A tasty salad from North Africa. Easy to make.
Make and share this North African Beetroot, Fennel and Lentil Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 medium beetroots, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium fennel bulb
- 400 g brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 100 g wild rocket
- 200 g feta cheese, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh fennel leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Take a small baking dish and mix the oil and the beetroot together. Bake for 1 hour or until tender. Allow to cool. Peel beetroot and chop coarsely.
- Finely chop the fennel until you have 2 heaped teaspoons. Slice the fennel bulb nice and thin.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together. Use a wide necked bottle or screw top jar for ease. Shake really well!
- Toss the fennel, lentils and rocket in a large bowl with half of the dressing. Slowly add the beetroot and toss gently. Top with the feta cheese and drizzle with the remaining dressing.