Recipe by Bec
From a little Norwegian Recipes book of mine. Serve with butter or cream cheese. Makes 3 small loaves.
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup unsifted whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, sift flour with soda and salt, then add walnuts, whole wheat flour and dates.
- Combine egg, buttermilk and salad oil; stir into flour mixture until well blended.
- Spoon into 3 greased empty 16 ounce cans.
- Bak 50 minutes at 375 degrees or until golden and done.
- With small spatula, loosen around edges, then turn out on rack to cool.