Recipe by silly sally
This is a very good way to get your serving of that important fish. I use Cod for this recipe, but any white, firm fish will do. The recipe comes from a book entitled "Trolldom in the Kitchen".
Top Review by Colorado Lauralee
I nearly added onions to this recipe..... almost everything I make has onions and or garlic. My DH asked to have this again, I also liked it alot. Thanks for the nice fish recipe. Lauralee
- 1.10 lb white fish fillets, poached
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- buttered bread crumbs (optional) or grated cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Flake the poached fish into a well greased baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt margarine, and add 1/2 cup flour.
- Gradually add the milk, salt, pepper and the beaten eggs.
- Beat thoroughly until smooth and lump-free.
- Pour over fish and top with a layer of buttered bread-crumbs OR grated cheese.
- Bake at 175°C (350°F) for 45 minutes.