This is a very good way to get your serving of that important fish. I use Cod for this recipe, but any white, firm fish will do. The recipe comes from a book entitled "Trolldom in the Kitchen".
- Flake the poached fish into a well greased baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt margarine, and add 1/2 cup flour.
- Gradually add the milk, salt, pepper and the beaten eggs.
- Beat thoroughly until smooth and lump-free.
- Pour over fish and top with a layer of buttered bread-crumbs OR grated cheese.
- Bake at 175°C (350°F) for 45 minutes.
I nearly added onions to this recipe..... almost everything I make has onions and or garlic. My DH asked to have this again, I also liked it alot. Thanks for the nice fish recipe. Lauralee
I thought this was very yummy. I used 1 lb. of ling cod and used the suggestion of another reviewer and topped it with panko and Asiago cheese. Don’t forget to serve with a wedge of lemon. Comfort food to the max!
I got the WOW factor a lot sooner than I expected ... overnight! Leftovers were stored covered in plastic wrap. Tonite the too crispy top was perfect & a light sprinkle of seasoning salt + generous squirts lemon juice from 1 of those plastic squeeze bottles put this way over the top. I knew in my heart it was a winner & can't wait for my dinner party! You're my hero!