Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is Norm's recipe from Norm's Gourmet Works in Negril, Jamaica.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup ripe banana (Mashed)
- 1⁄2 cup milk (whole)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening (Solid)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pecans, already toasted and chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and Flour 9 1/4 by 5 by 2 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Combine together Flour,Baking Powder,Salt and Baking Soda in bowl.
- In another bowl mix Mashed Bananas,Milk and Vanilla extract.
- Beat Shortening in a large bowl until it becomes creamy.
- Gradually beat in Sugar and Eggs one egg at a time.
- As you add each egg beat well with your Electric Blender.
- Add Banana Mixture and Flour mixture alternately into shortening mixture.
- Last ingredients to add are Pecans.
- Now put ingredients in Baking Pan.
- Time in Oven about 1hr, test center before you take out.
- If it's done allow 5 minutes to cool, then turn onto rack and cool completely!
- Try a slice while it's nice and warm, enjoy!