These rolls are my very favorite in the world...I can remember my friend' s mother, Norma making these rolls, and coming in from outside. The smell of them cooking leaves you begging for just a taste :) They have been used in my family for 47 years :) These are especially delicious with beans!--------------- NOTE: 1 (1/4 oz.) package dry active yeast = 2 1/4 teaspoons = 1 (.06 oz) cake compressed fresh yeast.
- Mix all and knead on a floured surface for about 10 minutes.
- Let rise 20 minutes and knead again.
- Make into rolls, using a floured glass to cut out, and place on a lg. greased pizza pan.
- Let rise 20 minutes or until double in size.
- Bake at 375, for 20 minutes.