Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This recipe makes 2 loaves of delicious bread. People come to Norma's to just buy this bread. Norma's has three locations in Pensacola, FL. This bread is really good! After Nimz's review, I had to add...I usually half the poppy seed amount...I can't afford to use that many poppy seeds...however, Norma's original recipe, and the one that people line up for, has the full cup in the two loaves!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup poppy seed
- Combine the sugar, oil, eggs, evaporated milk and vanilla in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add to the sugar mixture and mix well. Add the poppy seeds and mix well. Spoon into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
This was tasty, but not 5 star worthy IMO.
I only made 1 loaf and it was delicious. Made for hubby's work and they're gonna love it. Made for I Recommend Tag Game 2010.
Wow, this quick and easy to make bread is delicious breezer. My dh & I both enjoyed the flavor and texture of this poppy seed treat, very much. I made 1/2 a batch and ended up with a lovely, big, moist loaf. Made exactly as written and I wouldn't change a thing. So happy that I tried this and I will be making it again. The dh has already called dibs on the last of the bread for his lunches this week. Made for Best of 2015.