1/1 Photo of Norma's Light and Lemony Griddle Cakes With Devonshire Cream
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Devonshire Cream
- 4.92 ml unflavored gelatin
- 118.29 ml cold water
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 226.79 g carton sour cream
For the Light and Lemony Griddle Cakes
- 1For the Devonshire Cream:.
- 2In a small saucepan combine gelatin and 1/2 cup cold water.
- 3Let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- 4Heat and stir over medium heat until gelatin dissolves.
- 6In a chilled medium mixing bowl beat the whipping cream and the 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium-low speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
- 7Do not overbeat.
- 8Combine cooled gelatin mixture and sour cream; mix well.
- 9Fold sour cream mixture into whipped cream.
- 10Chill for 30 to 45 minutes or until mixture thickens and will mound on a spoon.
- 11For the Light and Lemony Griddle Cakes:.
- 12In large bowl combine egg yolks, flour, cottage cheese, melted butter, sugar, salt and lemon zest and lemon juice.
- 13In a separate bowl whip egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 14Carefully fold egg whites into batter mixture.
- 15Cook on large griddle (prepared with cooking spray).
- 16Using ¼ cup measuring cup pour batter onto hot griddle.
- 17Cook until bubbles form and bottoms are lightly brown.
- 18Turn over and cook until bottoms are lightly browned.
- 19Remove and place on serving plates.
- 20Serve immediately with Devonshire Cream.
- 21*Optional: Garnish with fresh raspberries or blueberries and powdered sugar.*.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norma's Light and Lemony Griddle Cakes With Devonshire Cream
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.2
- Calories from Fat 412
- Total Fat 45.8 g
- Saturated Fat 27.1 g
- Cholesterol 331.9 mg
- Sodium 623.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 16.5 g