Recipe by Anita Harris
Since the Holidays are coming up on us I wanted to share this recipe with everyone. I got this recipe from my ex Mother-in-law who was always an excellent cook. It's pretty simple to make and always a big hit. Even people who don't like cranberry salad like this one. This is the only cranberry salad recipe I make now. I'm not sure what the prep time is and the chill time is several hours. I always make this the night before Thanksgiving or Christmas Dinner.
- 2 cups ground fresh cranberries (1-12oz pkg)
- 2 cups ground fresh apples (Jonathan apples work well)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind the cranberries and apples in food processor or blender.
- Once ground mix fruits together with the sugar until well mixed.
- In a bowl dissolve the cherry jello with the boiling water.
- Mix the jello with the fruit mixture and add the nuts.
- Stir well.
- Pour into square dish and chill.