Recipe by English_Rose
Pork chops served in an apple and sage gravy. Serve with buttery mashed potatoes.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 pork chops, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 ounces plain flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 7⁄8 cup pure apple juice
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 apples, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons calvados (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, brown the chops and transfer to a casserole dish.
- Add the onion to the oil remaining in the pan and fry until softened. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Gradually blend in the stock and apple juice and bring to the boil, stirring. Add the seasonings and pour over the chops.
- Cover the casserole and cook in the oven for 1 1/2 hours or until the meat is tender, adding the apple slices and Calvados, if using, for the last 20 minutes of cooking.