1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Buster's friend's Note:
From the Tribune weekly guide - Food and Drink - Note: Dough recipe adapted from Breadbar. Preparation and toppings by chef Noriyuki Sugie.
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together the yeast, 1 cup of water and the sugar in a medium bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer . Set aside in a warm place to proof for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2Stir 1 tablespoons olive oil in with the yeast mixture. Using your hands, or in a stand mixer with the hook attachment, stir in the flour and salt and knead until smooth, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- 3Place the dough in a clean, oiled bowl and cover loosely with plastic wrap. (The dough can be refrigerated overnight at this point before proceeding with the recipe.) Let the dough rise until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 4Place a baking stone or an upside-down cookie sheet in the oven and heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 5Turn the dough onto a well-floured work surface. Flatten slightly and cut into eight pieces. While working with one piece, cover the remaining pieces so that they don't dry out.
- 6Roll the dough out, one piece at a time, as thin as an index card (about 10 inches in diameter), flipping and flouring the dough as needed to prevent sticking. The dough doesn't have to be in any specific shape, but will cook most evenly if rolled into even rounds or rectangles.
- 7With a fork, poke holes into each piece of dough every few inches and set each rolled sheet aside, loosely covered, as you work. When ready to bake, brush one side of the dough with a light coating of olive oil. Sprinkle the nori, shichimi powder and sesame seeds each on one-third of each piece of dough in stripes.
- 8Bake each piece of dough, topping side up, on the hot stone or cookie sheet. Do not flip. If the dough bubbles up, poke each sheet with more holes. Bake about 10 minutes, depending on the oven and cooking surface, until each cracker is golden and crisp. Cool, then break into irregular shapes for serving.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nori's Seaweed Cracker
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.3
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 273.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: