Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From How it all Vegan. NUTRITION INFO Calories: 81 Fat: 3.4 g Carbohydrates: 11.7 g Protein: 1.9 g
- 4 cups cooked brown rice or 4 cups cooked sushi rice
- 2 tablespoons gomashio
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup beet, grated
- 1 small cucumber, sliced like matchsticks
- 1 1⁄2 cups mixed sprouts (e.g., sunflower, broccoli, spicy)
- 2 -3 avocados, sliced
- 3 stalks green onions, chopped
- 8 nori sushi sheets
- Braggs liquid aminos (for dipping)
- wasabi (for dipping)
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice, gomashio, maple syrup, and vinegar and place in refrigerator to chill for 10-15 minutes.
- When rice has chilled, place nori sheet on a sushi mat or cutting board and spread 1/2 cup of the rice mixture over 2/3 of the nori sheet closest to yourself.
- Add each vegetable, placing it in the middle of the rice mixture.
- Roll the nori away from you. Dab a little water with your finger to seal up the edges.
- Slice into two or four pieces.
- Use Braggs and wasabi for dipping. Try different sorts of vegetable combinations for variation.