Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice subtle flavor. The beet even looks like a piece of salmon!
- Cook rice.
- Chop carrots in half. Slice into slivers slightly narrower than a chopstick.
- Grate the beet.
- Mash the avocados.
- Set out the carrots, beets, and avocados in separate dishes above a cutting board.
- Place a small dish of water nearby.
- Place the Nori sheet shiny side down and the lines running vertically.
- Spread a thin layer of rice beginning 1 inch from the bottom of the sheet going up 2 inches, and extending all the way from the left to the right.
- Spread a thin strip about 1 inch wide of avocado at the bottom edge of the rice all the way across the Nori sheet from left to right.
- Make a row of carrot strips down the center of the avocado.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of beet the same way.
- Pick up the edge of the Nori paper closest to you and roll over the avocado, carrot, and beet. Keep it tight and circular and keep rolling till there is only 1/2 inch of paper remaining at the top.
- Wet your fingers in the water dish and wet the 1/2 inch of paper, then finish rolling.
- Once it is rolled, lightly wet the seam again, and place seam side down in a tray.
- Keep whole or cut in halves or smaller.