Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from Delicious Living magazine. They suggest it as dinner party fare, but I think it would also make a nice healthy snack or side for lunch to keep on-hand in the fridge. It should keep about 4 days in the fridge. Lots of minerals, vitamins and the healthy stuff in this! All the more reason to whip up a batch to keep on-hand in the fridge for easy access to a healthy snack.
- Clean kale, trim of tough center vein and tear into salad-sized pieces.
- Core and seed pepper and cut into 1" slivers.
- Toast sesame seeds in small nonstick skillet on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- When seeds begin to turn golden-brown, smoke lightly, and sizzle, immediately remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, cover nori with boiling water and soak for 30 minutes.
- Steam kale leaves for about 7 minutes or until just tender and bright green.
- Drain kale and nori, removing excess water with a salad spinner or paper towels.
- Combine kale, nori and bell pepper, tossing gently.
- Whisk together oil, tamari, garlic, ginger, and mustard in a small bowl.
- Pour over kale mixture and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled through or up to 4 days.
- Just before serving, toss salad with toasted sesame seeds.