This recipe is from Delicious Living magazine. They suggest it as dinner party fare, but I think it would also make a nice healthy snack or side for lunch to keep on-hand in the fridge. It should keep about 4 days in the fridge. Lots of minerals, vitamins and the healthy stuff in this! All the more reason to whip up a batch to keep on-hand in the fridge for easy access to a healthy snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean kale, trim of tough center vein and tear into salad-sized pieces.
- 2Core and seed pepper and cut into 1" slivers.
- 3Toast sesame seeds in small nonstick skillet on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- 4When seeds begin to turn golden-brown, smoke lightly, and sizzle, immediately remove from heat and let cool.
- 5In a large bowl, cover nori with boiling water and soak for 30 minutes.
- 6Steam kale leaves for about 7 minutes or until just tender and bright green.
- 7Drain kale and nori, removing excess water with a salad spinner or paper towels.
- 8Combine kale, nori and bell pepper, tossing gently.
- 9Whisk together oil, tamari, garlic, ginger, and mustard in a small bowl.
- 10Pour over kale mixture and toss.
- 11Cover and refrigerate until chilled through or up to 4 days.
- 12Just before serving, toss salad with toasted sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nori & Kale Salad
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.7
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 355.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: