Recipe by YummySmellsca
Flax, seaweed, sesame and whole wheat crackers adapted from American Macrobiotic Cuisine by Meredith McCarty
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons finely minced toasted nori
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon unflavoured oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the flours, flaxseed, salt, ginger, sesame seeds and nori in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a medium pot, combine the water and oils and warm until barely simmering.
- Add to the flour mixture, beating well until a smooth dough forms.
- Cover with a towel and set aside for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large cookie sheet with parchment or silicone.
- Roll out the dough as thin as possible between two sheets of waxed paper, cut out as desired and place on the lined sheets. Dock with a fork.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Cool completely on sheets.