Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from my ex mother in laws friend, Noreen. They are both great ladies! This is so easy and wonderful!
- 4 chicken breasts, split in half
- 8 bacon, strips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Place chicken breast halves in a baking dish, wrap 2 slices of bacon around each breast and bake at 400 degrees for approx 40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Drain off fat.
- Sauce: In a sauce pan, melt 3 tblsp of butter, bring to boil and add 3 tblsp of flour, stir until blended, this will be the Roux.
- Reduce heat and slowly add 2 cups of milk, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Cook until thickened.
- Pour over chicken breasts and broil until brown and bubbly.
- It has had rave reviews at dinner parties!
This was delicious. The sauce was delectable! I'm definitely going to file this away for future meal times!
This was delicious and so EASY to make! I only had to buy the grated parmesan and discovered it's something new I like!:) I halved the recipe because there are just two of us, and will definitely make again! Thanks for sharing this recipe! :)
This was so easy! Only problem was my chix breast were on the bone so they needed about 10 more minutes in the oven. The combination was reminiscent of cordon bleu chicken. The sauce turned into chicken gravy w/bacon. Be sure to drain well, otherwise a bit greasy at the end. Permanent addition to my repetoire!