Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posted in request for a recipe. Found in online search. The bar cookies Nordstrom's used to make and serve at their coffee bar.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Grease one 9x13" baking pan.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt the butter or margarine over medium heat.
- Add the butterscotch chips and brown sugar; stir until melted.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the eggs.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt; mix thoroughly and stir in the vanilla. Set aside to cool.
- Once cool, stir in the chocolate chips, marshmallows and chopped nuts.
- Spread batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° F (175°C) for 25 to 28 minutes. Remove form oven and let cool thoroughly before cutting into squares.
This NOT the recipe for NORDY Bars. This is the recipe for FANTASY bars!
I thought these were very close to the ones from the e-bar. I added 1/2 cup of oatmeal and 1/2 cup of coconut and was very pleased.
Nordy Bars Decadence everyone Enjoys! Years ago I would treat myself to the Nordstrom "Nordy" bars. There was nothing else like them. I made this recipe yesterday, I thought they were a good duplicate. Wow are they ever rich. My husband said, Don't change a thing on this recipe it is fantastic! Make sure to cut them in very small pieces because of their richness. We omitted the nuts for the kids and it was still pure decadence.