Prep 2 hrs 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 50 mins
Great Prime Rib recipe that has evolved over the past several attempts.
- 2 kg prime rib roast, with bone
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- garlic paste
- Worcestershire sauce
- beef base, Minor's
- McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 10 small red potatoes
- olive oil
- seasoning salt, McCormick's Season All
- In a small bowl, mix garlic and beef base. On the roast, rub some worchestershire, then beef base/garlic mixture, then Montreal seasoning.
- Wrap in plastic and let sit for 2 hours to reach room temperature.
- Remove from plastic and sprinkle liberable amounts of Kosher salt and some ground pepper and place it, bone side down, on a grate in an uncovered pan.
- Cover exposed grate with foil and place small red potatoes around. Spray potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle Season All on top.
- Sear in a very hot oven (preheated 475 degrees) for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 275 degrees, and cook until temperature reaches 130 degrees (around 90 minutes).
- Remove from oven, cover, and let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting.