2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 50 mins
Great Prime Rib recipe that has evolved over the past several attempts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, mix garlic and beef base. On the roast, rub some worchestershire, then beef base/garlic mixture, then Montreal seasoning.
- 2Wrap in plastic and let sit for 2 hours to reach room temperature.
- 3Remove from plastic and sprinkle liberable amounts of Kosher salt and some ground pepper and place it, bone side down, on a grate in an uncovered pan.
- 4Cover exposed grate with foil and place small red potatoes around. Spray potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle Season All on top.
- 5Sear in a very hot oven (preheated 475 degrees) for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 275 degrees, and cook until temperature reaches 130 degrees (around 90 minutes).
- 6Remove from oven, cover, and let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norb's Prime Rib Roast
Serving Size: 1 (668 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2126.0
- Calories from Fat 1484
- Total Fat 164.9 g
- Saturated Fat 68.7 g
- Cholesterol 365.0 mg
- Sodium 290.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 87.5 g