Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep2 hrs 10 mins
Cook1 hr 50 mins
Great Prime Rib recipe that has evolved over the past several attempts.
Make and share this Norb's Prime Rib Roast recipe from Food.com.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic and beef base. On the roast, rub some worchestershire, then beef base/garlic mixture, then Montreal seasoning.
- Wrap in plastic and let sit for 2 hours to reach room temperature.
- Remove from plastic and sprinkle liberable amounts of Kosher salt and some ground pepper and place it, bone side down, on a grate in an uncovered pan.
- Cover exposed grate with foil and place small red potatoes around. Spray potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle Season All on top.
- Sear in a very hot oven (preheated 475 degrees) for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 275 degrees, and cook until temperature reaches 130 degrees (around 90 minutes).
- Remove from oven, cover, and let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting.