Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a wonderful appetizer or just snacker. My dear friend used to make these for many 'get-togethers'...they went over very well. My friends always ask for more!!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup imperial strong cheddar cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- Mix all ingredients with pastry blender.
- Add enough water to make a pastry.
- Roll 1/4" thick.
- Cut with small cookie cutters or into 1 1/2" squares.
- Bake 375 for 20-25 minutes.
There is something wrong with the baking time on this recipe. At 15 minutes, my crackers were already burned. You could roll these a half inch thick and 20-25 minutes would still be way too long. Maybe the oven temp. should be lower. I have an oven thermometer so I know my oven temp is correct.