Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is Nora Ephron's recipe for peach pie. She says after trying out lots of peach pie recipes this one was the best. I've tried it and completely agree........its delicious!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3 peaches, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Put 1 1/4 cups flour, salt, butter and 2 tablespoons sour cream in bowl of food processor and blend until they form a ball. Pat into a buttered pie tin and bake 10 minutes.
- Lower oven temp to 350.
- In medium sized bowl, beat egg yolks slightly then combine with the sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 1/3 cup sour cream.
- Arrange the sliced peeled, sliced peaches into the baked pie crust. Pour egg yolk mixture over peaches. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 35 minutes.
- Remove foil from pie and bake 10 minutes more, or until filling is set.
I have been making this pie from the book "Heartburn" for years and it is delicious. The crust is super easy to do and comes out great. Delicious!
Clearly I made a mistake somewhere in the crust making as I had some difficulty with it, I'm so embarrassed because it's so simple. I made an old tried and true crust and then the pie came out to perfection. I used white peaches that were beautifully ripe and juicy and ended up with one delicious pie. I used Splenda for the sugar.
Love how easy the crust is and how quickly this pie comes together! A great summer treat! Made for PRMR Aug 2012.