Recipe by linguinelisa
Writer/director Nora Ephron published this recipe for cheesecake in her novel Heartburn years ago. She says she got it off the back off a package of Philadelphia cream cheese.
Top Review by Annacia
Lovely basic cheesecake. Sometimes it's nice to be reminded of why we fell in love with a food the first time. The sour cream topping is a touch delicate and it did'nt come out of the pan looking to pretty around the edges. It's rich, creamy and kind of sinful. Gotta love it! :D
- 9 inches deep-dish graham cracker crust
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix cream cheese with the eggs, 1 cup of sugar and vanilla. Pour into graham cracker crust and bake 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool 15 minutes.
- While pie is cooling, mix sour cream with 1/2 cup sugar. Spread gently over the top and bake 10 minutes more.
- Cool and then refrigerate for several hours.