Recipe by pik5el
Great wings with a cactus marinade. Really, try it.
Top Review by Plaisham
OUCH.....cut the chiotle in half. Ok ...Ok...lol I am sensitive (read coward??) too hot. Love cactus though...Again a change...lol I have used it twice now. On fried TOFU...and on baked tempeh.... Can't get fresh cactus up here....whaaaa But dang is was good!!! Chicken next week..lol
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 cup nopalitos
- 1⁄2 cup chipotle chile in adobo
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup scallion
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients (except the wings) in a blender or a food processor and puree until it has reached a sauce like consistency.
- Set some marinade aside (or make extra) to brush on while grilling.
- Place chicken wings and marinade in a large sealable bag and try to get all the air out.
- Refrigerate for 4-24 hours, depending on how strong you want the flavor to be.
- Remove the chicken wings from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 25-30 minutes while heating the grill.
- Grill over medium-high heat, flipping frequently and brushing with the marinade for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. During the last 5 minutes of grilling do not brush on any more marinade to make sure all the juices cook through.