A recipe by Toni Turner, executive director of The University of Texas Law School Foundation in Austin, a cooking historian who specializes in the foods of the Anglo pioneers and Native Americans of the 1850s. As posted in Texas Highways.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry bacon and remove to drain.
- 2Pour off most of the bacon drippings, leaving enough in the pan to sauté the onions and garlic.
- 3When onions are transparent, add chilies, nopalitos, chili powder, and tomato.
- 4Cook for five minutes and stir in eggs. When eggs are scrambled, top with grated cheese and bacon, and serve with tortillas, home-fried potatoes, and refried beans.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nopalitos Con Huevos - Eggs and Cactus
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.6
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 385.5 mg
- Sodium 788.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 25.9 g