Recipe by Cynna
A different way to serve scrambled eggs. Makes a lovely breakfast for two.
Top Review by Donut Chef
Lovely. We used flour tortillas and it made 4 or 5. Also used nopalitos from a jar since I don't have access to fresh, and used a large scoop of salsa since I didn't have a fresh tomato. They would probably be good with cheese or chorizo or bacon, but that might defeat the purpose of eating nopalitos (to reduce the risk of diabetes).
- 1⁄3 cup nopalitos
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 4 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook nopalitos in boiling water 10 minutes. Drain.
- Combine eggs and next 4 ingredients stir well with a whisk.
- Heat butter and oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté 2 minutes or until tender.
- Add the egg mixture, and cook until bottom begins to set, stirring gently to scramble.
- Stir in the tomato and nopalitos, and cook 1 minute.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in 325 degree oven for about 5 minutes.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup egg mixture onto each tortilla.
- Sprinkle evenly with minced cilantro, and fold in half.