1/1 Photo of Noodling With Eggplants and Mushrooms
bluemoon downunder's Note:
A healthy, low fat, low calorie recipe adapted from a book - which in effect - I retrieved from my culinary archives just recently. Karen Meyer's 'The Artful Vegetarian' was published in 1988, a long time ago! I am posting this recipe here for the Healthy for the Holidays Challenge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a large (preferably non-stick) pan and lightly sauté the garlic and onion for 2-3 minutes, until it has softened but not browned.
- 2Add the eggplants, mushrooms, tomatoes, zucchini, sugar, tamari, parsley and oregano, and cook, stirring occasionally for 6-8 minutes or until the vegetables are just cooked.
- 3Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling water for 10-15 minutes, drain well, and pile the pasta into a serving dish and spoon the sauce over the top.
- 4Notes: Tamari is a pure form of soy sauce, free of chemicals and preservatives. It can be used in any recipe instead of stock cubes, and is available in health food stores and larger supermarkets.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Noodling With Eggplants and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (1917 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.7
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1882.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 7.1 g