Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From The Vegetarian 5 Ingredient Gourmet by Nava Atlas
Make and share this Noodles With Stir-Fried Tofu and Broccoli recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 8 ounces udon noodles or 8 ounces soba noodles or 8 ounces Chinese wheat noodles or 8 ounces linguine
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 large broccoli florets, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄3 cup stir-fry sauce (good quality, or 1/2 cup thai peanut sauce)
- Cut tofu into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Dry by blotting between layers of paper towels or, preferably, clean tea towels.
- Cut blotted tofu into 1/2 inch dice.
- Cook noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Heat oil in a wok or extra large skillet.
- With heat on medium high, stir fry tofu until golden on most sides.
- Remove from pan.
- Combine broccoli with 1/4 cup of water in the pan.
- Cover and steam until tender crisp.
- Add tofu, cooked noodles and stir fry sauce to pan.
- Toss gently until well coated.
- Cook until heated through.
Made this for a quick lunch that was as enticing to look at as to devour. I used some Ramen noodles, and followed the recipe exactly except; I threw some slices of onion along with the broccoli and tofu. My tofu was a teriaki sauce was flavored and had a bit of garlic included. Didn't really add to much extra, very filling and great tasting. Thank you Dreamer this was absolutely great! Made for *ZWT4* May 2008.
Tasty and very easy to make. I used Kikkoman Stir-Fry Sauce, will use a bit more next time. If I use tofu again, I'll marinate it in the sauce. Shrimp would be wonderful in this dish.
I think this recipe depends upon the flavor of the stir fry sauce. It doesn't have much of its own flavor, so we added some carrots, 3 green onions and I shook a little garlic powder on my portion. I used All-Purpose Stir-Fry Sauce (Brown Garlic Sauce) for the stir fry sauce and bean thread noodles (my kids like those) and it turned out good. The kids didn't like the tofu much, so we could try it with shrimp next time. Made for Humble Soybean game.