My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup milk or 1 cup pasta water
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chervil or 1 tablespoon parsley
- fresh ground pepper
- 1Bring large pan of water to boil for pasta and add salt to taste.
- 2If pasta is dried, add it at this time.
- 3If it's fresh, wait until you've put together sauce ingredients.
- 4Roughly mix ricotta cheese, butter, walnut oil, 1/4 cup walnuts and grated parmesan cheese.
- 5Thin with half-and-half, stir in herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Transfer mixture to wide skillet.
- 7About the time pasta is done, gently warm sauce over low flame.
- 8Cook and drain pasta and add it directly to pan with ricotta mixture.
- 9Toss everything together well, then place in heated bowl.
- 10Scatter remaining walnuts over pasta and sprinkle with grating of parmesan cheese and plenty of ground pepper.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Noodles With Ricotta & Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 684.4
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 355.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 25.6 g