Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1⁄4 lb fettuccine or 1⁄4 lb egg noodles
- 5 ounces frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until almost tender.
- Add peas and cook until peas and fettuccine are just tender, about 2 minutes, drain well.
- return to pot.
- Add butter and poppy seeds.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
Hard to believe something so easy and simple can taste so fantastic! I halved this recipe, used spaghetti and only 1 tsp of butter, and it still tasted very rich and mmmmm :-) I also added a lot of pepper, since the recipe doesn't call for any other spices. Thanks... this is great for a quick meal for a student like me!
Thanks for posting Dancer^! This was a great side dish. Colorful, simple and tasty. The poppy seeds make this dish. I can't explain the flavor of the seeds (very nice) but they give it a tiny crunch to contrast the smooth fettuccine. Yummy. Thanks to Ginny Sue as I needed double the butter as well. If you don't have the poppy seeds don't make it, it just wouldn't be the same. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag May/June2010 Enjoy! ChefDLH
So easy and so delicious. The poppy seeds are an inspired addition to this dish, don't leave them out. I added about double the amount of butter to this.