Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great side dish. Any moderately firm cheese will do.
- 1⁄2 lb wide egg noodles
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 ounces cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 ounce butter
- Cook the noodles in boiling salted water for 10 minutes. Strain and put into a greased casserole.
- Slice the mushrooms and the onion and saute in butter until tender. Add to the noodles.
- Mix in most of the cheese, reserving some for sprinkling over the top.
- Beat the egg, and stir into remaining butter the mushrooms were sauteed in, adding a little boiling water to make a sauce. Pour the sauce over the noodles and mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs and dot with small nobs of butter.
- Bake in a 325F over for 20 to 25 minutes.
Very nice and simple to make. I used a thinner egg noodle as that is what I had in my pantry. :)
REALLY good!!! I used swiss, mozzarella and muenster! Thanks Kymmarie!! :)
I knew when I saw this that it would be a recipe my family would enjoy. Thanks so much for the great review. I like to use Pepper Jack cheese to add a little zip, and don't really measure, so I usually go a bit heavy on the cheese.