Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Woman's World Magazine 5/2/00. Everyone loves buttery noodles. And convenient, storebought grated carrots help you get this extra-special version on your table in just 20 minutes. Sage is widely available dried or fresh; dried varieties come ground and "rubbed", or crumbled.
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots, from one 10-oz . pkg
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- In same pot melt butter over low heat. Add carrots; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3-4 minutes. Stir in parsley, sage, salt, and pepper.
- Add noodles; toss to coat.
This got mixed reactions at our house. I never used sage before (I had to buy it for this recipe) and I'm not sure if we really care for it. I cooked the noodles and the carrots together. I then added the butter and the herbs. It seemed like it was missing something so we added 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder. I do agree that it serves more then 4- I think it would serve 6-8.
My kids even rated this a 5 star recipe! I used carrot ribbons I made from fresh carrots instead of using the prepackaged carrots. Nice blend of flavors. I do think it serves more than 4 servings and probably more like 6. (I'm sorry too because I forgot to purchase fresh parsley but will add that the next time). I'll be making this often through the year as my kids raved over it. I think I may even try zucchini ribbons with it too. Thanks Jackie! Tagged in Zaar Chef Alphabet April 2008