Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Green comfort food!
Make and share this Noodles with Creamed Broccoli Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces wide noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
- Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water, 12-15 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a Dutch oven sauté the onion in the butter until soft.
- Add the broccoli and cook, stirring until the broccoli is tender, but still firm.
- Add garlic, parsley, salt and oregano.
- Stir in flour and add milk, mixing thoroughly.
- Add cottage cheese and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Combine noodles with broccoli sauce and stir in grated cheese.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes to heat through.
- Serve immediately.
What an easy and delicious recipe. I really had to wonder when I sprinkled the flour over the hot broccoli and onions but I trusted you, Mirjam! =) I did make a substitution for the cottage cheese...I used ricotta and a bit of milk instead and it was fine. This recipe is in my cookbook for good! Thanks for posting. Barb
This is so good. I cut the recipe in half for the 2 of us. I still have ingredients for the other half which I will be making very soon. A great comfort dish. Thank you for sharing.
I make the same recipe only I use 1 cup shredded cheddar and 1/4 cup parmesan. I will have to try it with mozarella. (I would have given this 5 stars, but hubby isn't too fond of it *there's no meat !*. Must be a guy thing.