Green comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces wide noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/4 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water, 12-15 minutes.
- 2Drain and rinse with cold water.
- 3In a Dutch oven sauté the onion in the butter until soft.
- 4Add the broccoli and cook, stirring until the broccoli is tender, but still firm.
- 5Add garlic, parsley, salt and oregano.
- 6Stir in flour and add milk, mixing thoroughly.
- 7Add cottage cheese and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- 8Combine noodles with broccoli sauce and stir in grated cheese.
- 9Cook for 2-3 minutes to heat through.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Noodles with Creamed Broccoli Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.1
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 118.2 mg
- Sodium 743.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 23.7 g