My homemade version of pad thai. It's not very authentic, but its soo good. I use noodles made with brown rice, for a little extra nutrition. I start with a small amount of Sambal Oelek, add more later for each person's individual taste. I also sometimes add green beans or broccoli to the finished bowls for some veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g brown rice fettuccine
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 118.29 ml peanut butter, plus
- 29.58 ml peanut butter
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 59.16 ml rice vinegar (I used seasoned)
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 4.92 ml fire oil (optional)
- 14.79 ml sambal oelek
- 118.29 ml peanuts, crushed
- 2 chicken breasts
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml fresh minced garlic
- 1Fill a pot with water, bring to a boil.
- 2Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces. Heat olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic & chicken. Brown chicken for about 10 minutes, turning the chicken occasionally. Make sure the oil doesn't get too hot and burn the garlic.
- 3While cooking the chicken, put the Brown Rice Fettucine in boiling water keep at a boil and cook for 12-15 minutes, according to package directions. Brown rice noodles won't get too mushy.
- 4Chop up onions. Mix onions, peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, fire oil (optional), Sambal Oelek all together until consistant texture.
- 5Mix chicken in peanut sauce.
- 6Drain noodles. Serve noodles in bowls, and top with Chicken & Peanut Sauce. Sprinkle some peanuts on top!
- 7& be sure to make it with love.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Noodles With Chicken and Spicy Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1059.8
- Calories from Fat 492
- Total Fat 54.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 142.1 mg
- Sodium 2274.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 50.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: