Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My homemade version of pad thai. It's not very authentic, but its soo good. I use noodles made with brown rice, for a little extra nutrition. I start with a small amount of Sambal Oelek, add more later for each person's individual taste. I also sometimes add green beans or broccoli to the finished bowls for some veggies.
- 453.59 g brown rice fettuccine
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 118.29 ml peanut butter, plus
- 29.58 ml peanut butter
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 59.16 ml rice vinegar (I used seasoned)
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 4.92 ml fire oil (optional)
- 14.79 ml sambal oelek
- 118.29 ml peanuts, crushed
- 2 chicken breasts
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml fresh minced garlic
- Fill a pot with water, bring to a boil.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces. Heat olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic & chicken. Brown chicken for about 10 minutes, turning the chicken occasionally. Make sure the oil doesn't get too hot and burn the garlic.
- While cooking the chicken, put the Brown Rice Fettucine in boiling water keep at a boil and cook for 12-15 minutes, according to package directions. Brown rice noodles won't get too mushy.
- Chop up onions. Mix onions, peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, fire oil (optional), Sambal Oelek all together until consistant texture.
- Mix chicken in peanut sauce.
- Drain noodles. Serve noodles in bowls, and top with Chicken & Peanut Sauce. Sprinkle some peanuts on top!
- & be sure to make it with love.