Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is by Anjali Vellody from the Foodcourt column, Weekend magazine.
- 350 g thin noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 whole red chilies
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce
- 4 tablespoons Heinz ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup red bell pepper, washed and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, washed and finely chopped
- Boil noodles as per instructions on the packet.
- Drain completely and pat dry with paper kitchen napkins.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add red chillies and saute for another minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients except corriander and mint leaves.
- Stir-fry on high flame for 5-8 minutes.
- Add corriander and mint leaves.
- Mix again.
- Check seasoning now and if required add an additional stock cube.
- Cook till it completely dissolves.
- Serve hot!
Good and easy, but next time I'll use less chiles. I added some left over chicken to the mixture for a little variety. Thanks for sharing!