Recipe by Rita~
This is a sweet side dish. Served Christmas Eve. A meatless meal! Vegetarians can use eggless noodles and veggie oil instead of butter.
Top Review by Kree
This is a unique and flavorful side dish. I wasn't able to soak the raisins in rum, but other than that I followed the recipe exactly and it was very quick and easy. I had never used poppy seed filling before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. They ended up giving the noodles a very nice flavor, although there were a few too many poppy seeds in it for my tastes.
- 6 cups water, boiling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 ounces poppy seed filling (solo)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1⁄3 cup raisins, soaked in
- warm rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine boiling water and salt in a large saucepan.
- Add noodles and cook until tender, then drain and cool.
- Toss noodles with butter in the saucepan.
- Combine poppy-seed filling with vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon zest, and drained raisins.
- Add to noodles and mix well.
- Cook just until heated through.