Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this in a brochure tucked in one of my mother's cookbooks, and just loved the whimsey of the name.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 3⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Boil ramen noodles in 6 cups boiling water with soup base packets added, until just done, 2-2 1/2 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water thoroughly.
- Cut ramen noodles into 3-4 inch lengths.
- Saute noodles in butter.
- Add parsley, cheese, and garlic salt.
- Mix well.
This turned out very good. I did use fresh minced garlilc and added a little cream and this made a wonderful side dish with Italian Orange Roughy#410399 and a wedge of iceberg lettuce with blue cheese dressing. Thank you! Made for Zaar Alphabet Soup game.
Loved this recipe. It was just me for dinner last night so this worked out great. The only thing I changed was I had garlic powder instead of the salt. Will make it again. Thanks.
My children really enjoyed this. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the parsley. I also used garlic powder instead of garlic salt. I think it would be even better with minced garlic.