Recipe by Dissie
My best friends mother made this for her family as they grew up, and it has become a staple at her house. I thought it sounded a little bit weird, but tried it anyway, yummy comfort food! I saw another recipe similar to this one, but this one has lots more spices....I know it sounds like a weird concoction, but it really is good!.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Not my personal cup of tea, but I can see how kids would like this. Paired with Recipe #367036. Would have to make a few changes to compensate for individual tastes. But thnx for posting your recipe, Dissie. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1.5 (15 ounce) cans water
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 10 hot dogs, sliced thin into coins
- 2 cups uncooked shell macaroni or 2 cups elbow macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- Add tomatoes, water and all spices to a pot and heat on high.
- When it comes to a boil, lower heat to a simmer and add hotdogs.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and add shells and stir.
- Continue to simmer for another 10 minutes or until shells are done.
- If you let it sit off the heat for a few minutes, the starch in the noodles thicken the sauce nicely. ENJOY!
- *I add a few shakes of hot sauce to bowl and it makes it even yummier. My son adds grated cheddar cheese to the top of his.