Recipe by Theresa P
This is a great make ahead casserole! I am not a fan of "Hamburger Helper" but this is very good! It is simple to prepare when you don't have a lot of time and feeds a bunch. I like the fact that I can fix this early in the day and DH can put it in the oven at night before I get home from picking up kids!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (5 5/8 ounce) boxesnoodles romanoff Hamburger Helper mix for beef pasta
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (melted) or 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onion and drain.
- In large pot, boil noodles till done (7-8 minutes); drain.
- Mix noodles, sauce packets, milk, butter, soup, and onion/meat mixture in large bowl.
- Pour into a 9x13-inch greased baking dish.
- Topping: Mix butter and bread crumbs together and sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.
- *This casserole can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 6-8 hours.