Recipe by dianegrapegrower
I've been making this recipe, from Southern Living, for years. Although there are already several recipes for Noodles Romanoff posted here on 'Zaar, this one includes olives, which provide a nice kick not present in other recipes. Make 6 side servings, or 4 main servings.
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium egg noodles
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup olive, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- minced parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain well. Combine noodles and all remaining ingredients, except cheddar cheese, stirring well. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 11" x 7" baking dish. (Recipe may be prepared to this point and held, refrigerated and covered, for up to two days).
- Bake, uncovered and 350F for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese, and bake 5 more minutes, until cheese has melted. Sprinkle with parsley if using. Serve.