Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I've been making this recipe, from Southern Living, for years. Although there are already several recipes for Noodles Romanoff posted here on 'Zaar, this one includes olives, which provide a nice kick not present in other recipes. Make 6 side servings, or 4 main servings.
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium egg noodles
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup olive, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- minced parsley (optional)
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain well. Combine noodles and all remaining ingredients, except cheddar cheese, stirring well. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 11" x 7" baking dish. (Recipe may be prepared to this point and held, refrigerated and covered, for up to two days).
- Bake, uncovered and 350F for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese, and bake 5 more minutes, until cheese has melted. Sprinkle with parsley if using. Serve.
This is definitely comfort food. We used black olives, but green olives probably would add more flavor. It did need some salt to bring out the flavor.
WOW, Diane. A Yummilicious side!! I didn't use the Cheddar topping only sprinkled with some freshly grated Parma. WONDERFUL! Love the olives and--since you didn't specify which kind--I used green stuffed. Will made this again!