Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Remember the old Betty Crocker Noodles Romanoff? This recipe tastes SO close to the original. If you cannot find Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Topping, you can use one package of the cheese powder from a standard box of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese.
- 6 ounces medium egg noodles, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup Kraft macaroni & cheese topping
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Boil noodles in salted water until done. (Follow noodle package directions for time.).
- Drain noodles and return them to the pot.
- Add butter. Stir until melted on the noodles.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Serve hot.
- If you have any leftovers, reheat them with a tablespoon or two of milk, as the cheese mixture soaks into the noodles.
I have been looking for an authentic Noodles Romanoff recipe for a very long time. I made this version tonight and the first words out of my mouth were, "Oh my gosh". This tastes EXACTLY like one of my favorite sides when I was growing up. It just has a very distinct flavor that I really can't describe, yet I haven't been able to find a recipe worthy of duplicating it. Barbara, you hit the nail on the head - you are my hero! Thanks for sharing...we ate barrels of it and are now miserably full...but it was worth it. ;b
My family loved this. My daughter wanted more. Thanks for posting.
After trying several other recipes, that flat out failed, I made this one tonight. It only took one bite for my husbands eyes to get big as silver dollars & say, "Oh my Gosh! I thought they didn't sell this anymore, where on earth did you find it?" Bless his heart...he almost ate the whole bowl. I have to say, it was easy to make & didn't cost an arm & a leg. Thanks for the great recipe!