Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Back in the late 60's and early 70's, Betty Crocker sold a boxed noodles romanoff that I absolutely loved! When they quit making it, I set about the task of duplicating the recipe. I remember my mom telling me as a kid that the BC version was full of sour cream and garlic. With that memory as my guide, and after many tries, I came up with a blend that I thought tasted the closest and have been using it ever since. Before posting, I reviewed the existing noodles romanoff recipes on 'zaar and didn't see one quite like mine, but I did see that many others also loved the Betty Crocker version. I hope this lives up to their memory as much as it did to mine.
- 113.39-170.09 g noodles (not too wide)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (more if you love garlic like I do!!)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.25 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 56.69 g cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 56.69 g heavy cream (milk will work, but yields a thinner sauce)
- 56.69 g sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 29.58 ml sour cream
- 0.25 ml paprika
- Prepare noodles as directed on package.
- While noodles are cooking, melt the butter in a sauce pan over low heat.
- Add the minced garlic and saute until the garlic swells and the mixture thickens a bit.
- Add the worcestershire sauce and salt.
- Stir in the cream cheese, stirring until everything is well blended.
- Stir in the heavy cream (or milk) until smooth.
- Add the cheddar cheese and continue stirring until it is completely melted and the sauce is smooth (except for the bits of garlic ;-).
- Stir in the sour cream and add the dash of paprika.
- Drain the noodles, return them to the pan, stir in the sauce, and enjoy!
FAN-friggin-TASTIC! 10-stars for sure! One of the best things I've made in a while (and considering your Parmesan Noodles for Two was also amazing, that's saying something!) I used a big dash of Worcestershire as I love it and also a big dash of paprika (another favorite). I used 5 oz. medium egg noodles, cream, and extra sharp cheddar and also low fat cream cheese and low fat sour cream. The only real change was half the salt which was just right for me. I had to keep myself from eating the whole pan of this at once, it was so good. Thanks for sharing!
Fabulous! A tad less garlic and I think it is an exact recipe!!! Thank you so much! I have missed this since they quit selling it!
I can't wait to make this from the reviews.... I loved loved loved the noodles romanoff from bc YAY