1/1 Photo of Noodles Romanoff
Back in the late 60's and early 70's, Betty Crocker sold a boxed noodles romanoff that I absolutely loved! When they quit making it, I set about the task of duplicating the recipe. I remember my mom telling me as a kid that the BC version was full of sour cream and garlic. With that memory as my guide, and after many tries, I came up with a blend that I thought tasted the closest and have been using it ever since. Before posting, I reviewed the existing noodles romanoff recipes on 'zaar and didn't see one quite like mine, but I did see that many others also loved the Betty Crocker version. I hope this lives up to their memory as much as it did to mine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 113.39-170.09 g noodles (not too wide)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (more if you love garlic like I do!!)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.25 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 56.69 g cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 56.69 g heavy cream (milk will work, but yields a thinner sauce)
- 56.69 g sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 29.58 ml sour cream
- 0.25 ml paprika
- 1Prepare noodles as directed on package.
- 2While noodles are cooking, melt the butter in a sauce pan over low heat.
- 3Add the minced garlic and saute until the garlic swells and the mixture thickens a bit.
- 4Add the worcestershire sauce and salt.
- 5Stir in the cream cheese, stirring until everything is well blended.
- 6Stir in the heavy cream (or milk) until smooth.
- 7Add the cheddar cheese and continue stirring until it is completely melted and the sauce is smooth (except for the bits of garlic ;-).
- 8Stir in the sour cream and add the dash of paprika.
- 9Drain the noodles, return them to the pan, stir in the sauce, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Noodles Romanoff
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.0
- Calories from Fat 419
- Total Fat 46.6 g
- Saturated Fat 27.6 g
- Cholesterol 186.5 mg
- Sodium 1566.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 18.0 g