Recipe by kzbhansen
A friend of mine gave me this recipe. I like it. Sometimes I will omit the spinach depending on my mood LOL.
Top Review by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Wonderful and tasty way to sneak veggies into your family's meal! I added some shredded carrots and zucchini to the tomato mixture! hehehe Very tasty and easy meal! Our supper was delayed so I stuck the pan in the oven on warm for 30 minutes until we could return to the task at hand and chow down! YUM! It was still great BIG + for busy family's- I love meals that have 'holding' capabilities bc you just never know what is gonna pop up at supper time! Thanks for sharing a great recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 slices American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown onion and garlic in 1 T oil.
- Add beef and brown.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, bay leaf, 1 tsp salt, and the oregano.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Beat 1 egg and pour over the hot cooked noodles, mix.
- Beat second egg, add spinach, remaining 1 T oil, cottage cheese, romano cheese, remaining 1 tsp salt and the basil.
- Combine the pasta, and the spinach mixture, add the American cheese slices; mix well and serve.