Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a nice, creamy change from lasagna; very good and very easy to make!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 32 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 3 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook and crumble ground beef, then stir in the garlic and allow it to lightly brown. Season beef mixture with salt and pepper. Add the spaghetti sauce and thyme and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook noodles in boiling, salted water until firm-tender (about 6 minutes), then drain.
- Blend cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add parsley and half of the Parmesan. Then set aside.
- Put half of the noodles in a large, greased casserole (2 1/2 qts). Spread 1/2 of the meat sauce over the top, followed by 2/3rd of the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover with the rest of the noodles, then cover the noodles with the rest of the meat sauce. Drop the remain 1/3 creamy sauce in blobs over the top. Sprinkle with the balance of Parmesan.
- Place uncovered in a 350 degree oven until bubbly hot and cheese melts (about 25 minutes).