Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From "Simply Delicious"- a cookbook of Herberger's Employee Family Recipes. Submitted by Bette Jo Serra of Virginia, Minnesota.
- 1⁄2 lb ground chuck
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon cooking spray
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 chopped small onion
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packagelawry's spaghetti sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 4 (6 ounce) cans water (using the tomato paste can)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook beef and garlic in oil.
- Add sauce, tomato paste, water and thyme; simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Blend sour cream and cream cheese.
- Add parsley and half of parmesan cheese- Mix well.
- Cook noodles and place in 9"x13" baking dish.
- Make layers of noodles, meat and cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining parmesan cheese and cook uncovered for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.