Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I tried so hard to re-create the taste of the "Noodles Roni" Noodles Romanoff. This is as close as I have come. It isn't quite there but close enough that my hubby is happy.
- 12 ounces egg noodles, medium width
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons powdered cheese mix from mac and cheese
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Bring pot of salted water to a boil and cook noodles according to package instructions.
- While noodles are cooking, mix cheese powder, cheese, and seasonings in a bowl and set aside.
- Drain noodles and add butter, stirring until melted.
- Add milk and sour cream and cheese mixture to noodles and cook, stirring on medium until hot and well blended.
I'm not familiar with Noodles Roni, but nonetheless this is very good pasta and easily prepared. I had to use penne rather than flat noodles, (didn't have), and used cheese powder which I buy from a local Asian market. Otherwise, as directed. I was a bit surprised at how quickly the sauce thickened, but it was creamy, cheesy, and had a lovely tang from the garlic and onion powders. I can see this is another good meal for my daughters when they are going out and want something fast and filling and tasty! Thank you Poohrona, much enjoyed! Made for PAC Fall 09