Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a little different from the other variations posted. Not sure who gave me this but I have been enjoying it for quite some time.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 lb wide egg noodles
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Sauté onion in 2 tablespoons butter until golden.
- Add cabbage and cook about 5 minutes, until tender.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain, and toss with remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Stir noodles into cabbage-onion mixture.
- Add salt, pepper, poppy seeds, sour cream, and parmesan cheese.
- Cover and heat through (DO NOT BOIL).
- Sprinkle with bacon and serve.
Cabbage is and always will be my favorite vegetable and this dish was incredible! The sour cream and parmesan cheese gave it such a creamy texture and the added bacon and browned onions sealed the deal. This is one time that I will look forward to having leftovers. Thanks for this incredible recipe that I hope will grace my table many more times in the future. Made for PAC, 2011.
[ 02.09.11 Editing to add back in the 5 Stars] A great recipe for cabbage. Very tasty & I just loved the poppy seeds (which add texture and are a very charming addition to the dish) I've made this several times now- both with bacon and without- and it turns out great both ways. A real keeper, thank you ElaineAnn.
OMG this was great. Talk about comfort food - this is it. I fixed it with pork but I didn't need the pork as this was a wonderful dish all by itself.