Recipe by ElaineAnn
This is a little different from the other variations posted. Not sure who gave me this but I have been enjoying it for quite some time.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Cabbage is and always will be my favorite vegetable and this dish was incredible! The sour cream and parmesan cheese gave it such a creamy texture and the added bacon and browned onions sealed the deal. This is one time that I will look forward to having leftovers. Thanks for this incredible recipe that I hope will grace my table many more times in the future. Made for PAC, 2011.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 lb wide egg noodles
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion in 2 tablespoons butter until golden.
- Add cabbage and cook about 5 minutes, until tender.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain, and toss with remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Stir noodles into cabbage-onion mixture.
- Add salt, pepper, poppy seeds, sour cream, and parmesan cheese.
- Cover and heat through (DO NOT BOIL).
- Sprinkle with bacon and serve.