Recipe by bigbadbrenda
This is from a book called Chicken and I thought it would be perfect for our Zaar tour 4. Add more stock if you prefer a thinner soup.
Top Review by Tea Jenny
Hi Brenda, this was yummy. I was a bit short on the spinach as I only had a wee bit, but everything else was as it should be. It was so quick to make and we had it for lunch. DH likes this kind of soup, and loves noodles, so he was very happy. It's a good stand by recipe as I had everything in my freezer or larder I used ready cooked chicken breast from the freezer and you always have spring onions in the fridge. Thank you for posting. Made for ZWT#6 2010
- 8 ounces cooked boneless skinless chicken
- 4 chinese dried mushrooms, soaked
- 4 ounces bamboo shoots, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces spinach, shredded
- 2 spring onions, finely shredded
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chinese rice wine or 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 3 drops sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon red chili oil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken into thin shreds.
- Squeeze dry the soaked mushrooms and discard the hard stalk.
- Thinly shred the mushrooms, spinach , bamboo shoots and spring onions.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water ,drain and rinse under cold water.Set aside.
- Bring the stock to a boil add 1 tbsp soy sauce and pour over noodles.Keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan or wok,
- Add 1/2 of the spring onions add the chicken and the vegetables to the hot oil.
- Stir fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add all the seasonings and blend well.
- Pour the mixture over the warm noodles and put the remaining spring onions as a garnish and serve imediately.