Recipe by *Bellinda*
It tastes like something you might eat at a Chinese Restaurant but it's pretty healthy. Eat it as a side dish or appetizer.
Top Review by MizEmerilLagasse
After making a few slight changes to this dish to make it better suit my families taste I choose to rate this as 5 stars. First, I had used up all the rice noodles a few days earlier and had forgot to get more at the grocery so I used spaghetti noodles. Second, I left out the cucumber because I didn't think the texture of the cucumber would blend well with the spaghetti. And third, I more a little more of the sauce and used rice wine vinegar. It was super good this way. I will be making it again and again. Normally with all the changes I made I would not rate with 5 stars, but I would never have come up with this on my own so Ill gladly give to the 5 star credit for the idea. Thank you so much for a great Asian side dish.
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and julienned
- 3 cups vermicelli or 3 cups rice noodles, cooked
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauce: In a small bowl combine soy sauce, oil, sugar and vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, noodles and sauce. Stir. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds.
- To give it more flavor you might stir in minced garlic and some chili sauce. Also play around with the amount of ingredients to you likings.