Recipe by BelovedRooster
Do not underestimate the combination of nut butters and noodles! DELISH! If you have a peanut allergy, almond butter, cashew butter, or any other nut and seed butter would work fine in this recipe. One serving is half a cup.
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
I adore noodles with peanut sauce, and this is a very good version. I didn't use the full cup of water to thin the sauce (actually, I think I used about a 1/2 cup) and I added some frozen peas for color. Thanks for sharing this quick and tasty recipe!
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- cayenne pepper
- 12 ounces thin whole wheat spaghetti
- thinly sliced scallion
- toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine nut butter, tamari, vinegar, oil, syrup, ginger, garlic and pepper into a large bowl.
- Stir until smooth.
- Whisk in enough water to create a pourable sauce (about 1 cup).
- Boil noodles in lightly salted water.
- Drain well after rinsing with cool water.
- Add to bowl and toss until noodles are evenly coated.
- Chill thoroughly before serving.
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds, if desired.