Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is a very simple dish that my mom used to make. Plenty of room to spice it up if you so desire.
Top Review by MizzNezz
Deeelicious!! We loved the flavor of the spinach with the swiss cheese. I made this recipe as posted except for one thing. I didn't put it in the oven. I just simmered it a few minutes to heat the noodles. Then I sprinkled the cheese on top and covered it until the cheese melted. This is very good! I will keep this handy Nurse Di!! Thanks!
- 5 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook noodles in salted water until tender.
- In another saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the spinach, salt and pepper.
- Drain noodles.
- Add to the spinach mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2 quart baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until heated through.